The Little Penang Street Market is a non-profit making community venture, organised by a small volunteer committee. It comes under the umbrella of Penang Arts Council.
At the moment (September 2010), the committee comprises of Khoo Salma Nasution, Adrian Cheah, James Lochhead, Eric Yeoh, Marlene Fox, and Lyndy Ong. Lyndy Ong is our present full-time worker.
The Market comes under the auspices of the Penang Arts Council, and has been endorsed by the Penang Tourism Action Council.
To contact us, call us on 017 4290806, or email email@example.com
Former Committee Members
– Irene Leung
– Law Siak Hong
– Goh Hun Meng (July 2006 – 2007)
– Heimun Miksic (July 2006 – 2007)
– Joelle Saint-Arnoult (2008)
– Ambiga Devy (July 2006 – August 2009)
– Teresa Capol (July 2006 – August 2009)
– Lucille Das (2007 – 2009)
– Joe Sidek (July 2006 – November 2009)
Former Market Coordinators
– Adeline Ong (June 2006 – March 2007)
– Wong Yu Lian (April – October 2007)
– Emily Teoh (October 2007 – April 2008)
– Marie-Helene Tyack (April 2008 – September 2008)
– Ady Yaakob (September 2008 – October 2009)
– Lyndy Ong (October 2009 – )
Many thanks to
Institute for Cultural Enterprise, for our initial grant
Lestari Heritage Network, for initial logistical and other support
MPPP, for their unwavering generosity and support
Penang Arts Council, for their wonderful support
Penang Tourism Council
Upper Penang Road Business community
Temple of Fine Arts, for their sound system support
and all who have helped make Little Penang Street Market the resounding success it is….